Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekly Challenge : Leaning Tower



So my fellow TOS mate is hosting this awesome project.  You simply download the instructions, collect the materials needed and set the kids up with the info and time constraints to produce whatever it is they have to create that week.

We're hopping in here with the Leaning Tower Challenge.  You can go Delightful Learning for more info.

Here is what they came up with:  since this was their first challenge-they were freaking out about the time limits-it sure flies when you are trying to create something!





Cleo was checking out things before they even knew what I was up to.


The supply "table"  uh hem, aka the stool.



Planning. Notice the "supervisor" cat.



Executing. She's there still, I got a bit of her in this shot.



Results-75 points.  I didn't give them a ton for creativity-they used only
one toothpick, and they didn't get full points for working as a team...
so hopefully, next time they will do better in those departments.
They did get a lot of points for distance up the wall and out from the square tho!

So, not a bad start to our challenges career.  Thanks to Michelle for hosting this great activity!



**UPDATE:
well since I now see the square was suppose to be on the wall-they were father out and should get 12 more points so that takes it to 87 total, but then I feel bad because perhaps I was too stringent on the creativity part-so I am adding another 12 for that-bringing them up to 99.  That is better!

1 comment:

Michelle Gibson said...

lol, I'm stingy on the creativity part too ~ I want them to be challenged to improve, so I rarely give full points.

Oh, and I think the square is to make sure it is leaning, so I think it could work either way. ??