Monday, March 23, 2009

Charlotte Mason Books

Since I posted the web sites that refer to CM...thought I might as well add the books that I love that explain her and her philosophies too!

FAVORITES!!!!

If there is a book about her, I most likely have read it...'cept for maybe one or two I could not get a hold of.
These are the ones that I find best describe CM, have practical and helpful ideas on how to implement them as well.

Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola (first one I read and refer to the most-very good coverage and explanations)

Charlotte Mason Education and More Charlotte Mason Education by Catherine Levison
(these are not thick books and could be easily read in one sesson, but they are packed with info-I am constantlly picking them up to click the "refresh button" in my brain)

Charlotte Mason Study Guide by Penny Gardner

Another good go along with these are books that list CM style living books.

For the Love of Learning by Jenny Sockey is a decent find. Not too thick and yet, lists what is essential for your library (mixes both CM and Classical)

I have also read and recommend reading Sally Clarkson's, Educating the Wholehearted Child
and The Mission of Motherhood.

Some very good Summer Reads for you to refresh and rejuvie your homeschooling spirit!

No comments: