Saturday, July 10, 2010

For those who are FIAR rowers-esp. for bk 4, need help

I am compiling a listing of the locations of where these stories take place (well as close as we can get for some) and b/cuz I don't own them, and I haven't received them yet from the library inter-loan...was wondering if you all could help....

I need to know the specific/general location for these (BK 4)

Arabella (I know it is an island-does it pinpoint any specific region of the world?)
Roxaboxen (any place?)
Higgins Bend (?)
Hanna's Cold Winter (?)
Mailing May (I remember it being out west, OR or WA?)
Hickory Chair (southern USA?)
Albert (would NY be a good guess?)

Just leave a comment with the answer if you know it.  Thanks.  I will Scribd these for ya all later-I was trying to get a fix on where these books take place so I can pick ones that match our continent studies/state studies, etc. and will also need it for the new co-op, so I figured I would compile it and hey, why not share it too-just in case someone out there wants a quick rundown of where these take place...:0)

**Elinette at His Wonderful Works directed me to this lovely resource on Homeschool Share-not sure why I never thought to click that master link-thanks!  Because I need boxes and not so linear layouts for my info-I am going to still publish what I created, since I see theirs is hard for me to follow-but there are plenty of good links there at HSS's FIAR section, so do head there if you need more FIAR helps.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

So, do you use this with your son? I have the whole set (I think) and would love to start them with Ian this year or next, but have so much trouble finding the books.

Elinette said...

Sheri,

This link has the books and geography reference. Hope that helps!

http://www.homeschoolshare.com/master_geography_index.php

Star Toaster said...

Love reading your blog! I am a homeschooling mother of six. My kids are almost all grown, and I know that God grants the desires of your heart. He blesses the time and energy you put into pursuing His best for your children. You can encourage others to pray for stronger families by posting the prayer request below to your blog's side panel.
http://nationalprayerbank.com/Widgets/nbogdsqlyv/

Many, many blessings!
A Mom

Sheri said...

thanks for that Elinette-seems like that link is DOA...but I didn't even think to click that link-thanks for giving it to me!