Monday, August 11, 2014

2014 Not Back to School Blog Hop: Week 2-Classroom

nbts-blog-hop-calendar-2014
For the second week of the Not-Back-To-School blog hop we are to showcase our schoolroom/education room.  I am working on a video tour and hope to have that posted before the next century. What should seemingly take but a few hours has now turned into a few days and many, many takes.  Plus I have to edit the multitude of sections I recorded, then load it to You-Tube. Once I have that complete I will get the link up for you.  For now, here are some pics of the room we use.  Of course we also utilize many areas of the house including the couch/family room and/or the kitchen but here is where we keep the bulk of our supplies and such.


I created an area to showcase our world geography that we will be focusing on for the year.  I removed the rain-gutter shelves that were on the wall and bought a whole 'lotta IKEA storage boxes to create this.

I recently made some big changes to the room by removing several things we have already used, or won't be needing for some time in order to make it less cluttered and soothing.  I also rearranged the room to freshen it up/make it feel bigger.


The new workbox area.  I removed a large shelf, re-purposed the other one for the geography area and after about a thousand different possible layouts attempts, I think I came up with something that should work.  There you have it in a nutshell-our classroom area.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks fabulous! Love the color and all the shelving :)

Unknown said...

Wow sister that is one neat and tidy room. The Red/white coordinated boxes give the room a soothing feel! Red, however, is my favorite color. Your homeschool room looks GREAT!

Robin said...

I love the bold color on the walls! Looks great!