Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Archimedes project

Here is a fun project we did as a part of the BFBooks History of Science guide/curriculum.  The boy wasn't being super neat but he was also using a big, chunky charcoal pencil from our art supply so that probably didn't help.  I just taped the paper to a dowel and we stuffed it in the labeled paper towel tube. I still have to scrounge up some yarn for the carrying strap, but wanted to share with ya now.  I will get pics of the notebook up soon-once we have more stuff in it as it is pretty sparse yet, since we just started it this week.

Again-as the other post noted:  I am piggy backing this unit with the HOD study to beef up the Greek section    because it is fun :) and adds a bit of spice to it.  It is just my way, nothing against what is already in the HOD program.  I also found a neat art project to do via the Mystery of History website and will share that once we have completed it.


1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love that you are adding in the fun hands on! Those are things that make memories and tie in the facts to the learning. Do you need some yarn? I could mail you some if you need it.

Hugs to you friend. We need to catch up sometime. We are all well and healthy and for that I am thankful!

Hugs
Leslie